Top 10 Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish in which you make a list of ten to do with a certain topic.
This week’s topic is 10 characters you’d like to check in with. These are characters that you want to know what they’re like now, after the books are done.
This was especially hard for me in that I spent all day thinking, it takes a lot for me to really care about how a character is years down the line. I need to be really invested in them. Some of these I really have a burning desire to know (Number 3) and others are just a little it’d be nice to know.
Disclaimer: some explanations may have spoilers.
1. Draco Malfoy– Harry Potter: honestly, he was one of my favorite characters (I secretly wanted him to end up with Hermionie though) I want to see how he turned out as a father and if he changed for good, even though we get a glimpse in the epilogue it wasn’t enough for me.
2. Faythe– Shifters: I always end up hating the love triangles in books and I always end up cheering for the guy that sadly, loses. Either way, I want to know if she ends up happy or regrets her decision.
3. Katie– Inside the O’Briens: I am curious about the entire family, but her in particular, also Joe. Joe too. Not saying any more. But it’s officially published today so go buy it!!
4. Hazel– The Fault in Our Stars: I really want to know if she found someone new and how her happily ever after happened.
5. Sam– The Perks of Being a Wallflower: This isn’t to say I don’t care about Charlie, I’d want to know how his life is going as well, but for some reason I want to know how Sam’s college experience was.
6. Katniss– Hunger Games: I didn’t particularly like this series as a whole when I read it, I don’t quite remember why, it may have just been it didn’t live up to the hype. However, I am curious as to whether Katniss is happy or not because at the end I felt she was just marrying Peeta out of pity.
7. Lia– Wintergirls: I want to know how the rest of her life unfolds, simple as that. I really loved this book and I want to read it again.
8. Cammie– Gallagher Girls: I devoured every single book in this series and I wanted more! I wanted more spy adventures with a protagonist I could relate to.
9. All the boys– Lord of the Flies: I read this in high school and I really want to know how they lived through the rest of their lives. It was so long ago that I don’t remember if they got rescued or not, but either way I’d be curious of the long term psychological damage.
10. Lolita– Lolita: This is another just because and I’m curious about the long term psychological effects.
What are some characters you want to follow up with? Maybe catch up over a cup of coffee.