Top Ten Tuesdays is an original meme by The Broke and Bookish where every Tuesday there is a top 10 list. This week it is the last 10 books that came into my possession. I just had a giant library haul and a forth of July booksale haul, so I got more than 10 books (whoops.)
I would like to say, the library haul I fully intend to read all of them I received and then I need to do a couple ARCs for next month, it’s been a while!
Library Book Haul:
- The Scorch Trials- James Dashner I really wanted to read this one before the movie came out and it was in the Lucky Day collection at the library when I went. I finished it in about three days. Review here.
- Binary Star- Sarah Gerard I am currently reading this book and the writing definetly reflects her writing background. It is a relationship between a girl who is anorexic and her boyfriend who is an alcoholic. I haven’t fully decided if I like it or not yet, but I’m going to keep reading it.
- All the Bright Places- Jennifer Niven I heard a lot about this one (seriously, everyone was reviewing it) and it came into the library after a super long wait list.
- Half Bad- Sally Green I saw this one in a lot of stores last semester and the second one is released which means no waiting.
- White Bird in a Blizzard- Laura Kasischke This was recommended to me by a friend and I finally got around to getting it from the library. Now to read it.
Library Book Sale:
- The Mark Twain Murders- Edith Skom The English Major in me loved the title, and the blurb made it sound like a mystery at a University. I probably won’t ever read this one, but at the moment I had to have it.
- For One More Day- Mitch Albom I have a habit of buying all his books at the booksales because they are so cheap and then never reading them.
- Gone Girl- Gillian Flynn The hype was so huge on this one and I never read it so when I saw it for 50 cents I had to get it.
- Little Bee – Chris Cleave I got this book and Gold because the covers were everywhere for a while. Originally I wasn’t going to read them but then I read the synopsis. I don’t know what I thought they were about, but it wasn’t what they actually were.
- The Emperor of Ocean Park- Stephen L. Carter The cover to this one. It catches my eye every time I go to the library. It’s about lawyers and murder. I’ve been trying to get more into mysteries but I did not know where to start. I decided with getting a couple cheap books and hopefully reading them soon.