I finally did it!! I finished David Copperfield and posted about it on all my social media because it took me over a month and it was 882 pages and that was my goal for the semester and I did it! I am done with my academic readings unless I go back to school (I graduate soon). I also read Me Before You, Sharp Objects and Breathe, Annie, Breathe.
Enough with the hyperlinks now. I did a lot that wasn’t on this blog. For example:
- continued to work on my paper for a research symposium about rhetoric in Caleb Williams.
- Updated my computer to windows 10 (bad idea by the way- my computer is now at my parent’s so they can send it in to get it fixed- they’re the best!).
- Wrote a 10 page short story for one of my classes, I’m working on revising it now.
- Covered a lot of events and went to take pictures at a couple that turned out amazingly.
- Had a book release for a student anthology I’m published in and helped edit.
- Saw Panic! at the Disco in concert on my campus- They were amazing!
- A couple of my friends came back from London so I got to hear all about their trips and needless to say I want to go back so badly.
- Planted an amaryllis that hasn’t died yet and is actually growing quite nicely.
On NetGalley I got approved for “All the Ugly and Wonderful Things” by Bryn Greenwood and I am soooo excited to read it! I just have a couple books I’m in the middle of and then I’m reading this.
This is basically a love story between a drug dealer’s daughter and one of his thugs and takes place in the Midwest.
There was also a used book sale downtown and I got four books. The profits went to a retired teacher’s association, all for a good cause. I got:
- Discovery of Witches- Deborah Harkness
- On Edge- Barbara Fister
- Dead Souls- Nikolay Gogol
- The Last Good Man- A.J. Kazinski