May was plenty hectic. But in a good way!
- I finished work at the school paper… never to return…
- I had the research symposium in which I talked about Caleb Williams and rhetoric
- I had my last set of finals and grades
- I graduated college with an English degree
- I got a new camera
- I went to the lake for Memorial Day weekend
- Went to a used book sale
- Did my first wine and painting event, I made a moon reflecting in the water
As always, I wrote lots of articles and took lots of pictures.
Books I read: (reviews to come)
The Poison Artist- Jonathan Moore
The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories- Marina Keegan
Never Always Sometimes- Ali Alsaid
All the Ugly and Wonderful Things- Bryn Greenwood
Books I acquired:
I got almost the entire Left Behind series at the used book sale for free because they didn’t want them sitting around anymore.
Mr. Mercedes- Stephen King
Go Set a Watchman- Harper Lee
Girl in Translation- Jean Kwok
The Road- Cormac McCarthy
The Goldfinch- Donna Tartt
Blink- Malcolm Gladwell
Girl on the Train- Paula Hawkins
Things I Want My Daughters to Know- Elizabeth Noble
Dune- Frank Herbert
The Amityville Horror- Jay Anson
The Bell Jar-Sylvia Plath
I was in a reflective mood all month, looking back on the last four years and looking forward to what may happen.
What’s to come:
A mini-review post about the books I read
An e-arc review on All the Ugly and Wonderful Things (out in August)Another I believe in… post
Mid-year challenges update