Two years ago today my first blog post went live. However, my blog started the day before on WordPress, which I didn’t realize until I logged on at 10 p.m. last night.
My habits have changed a lot within those two years. I used to read a ton when I was little, but come high school and then college I didn’t read as much. When I interned at Simon and Schuster I realized I was missing out on a lot of good stories by not reading as much. I started reading again and now that’s a daily part of my routine again.
I didn’t keep track of what I was reading until January of 2014. In honor of my second blogiversary I decided to count down my top five books that stuck with me the past two years and a five random facts about myself.
- Inside the O’Briens by Lisa Genova
- Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Girl In Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
- I have eight bookshelves currently. And have read probably 5% of the books I own.
- I am being trained as a barista and bookseller at Barnes and Noble.
- I love exploring and finding new places and visting places I haven’t been to in a while.
- To celebrate I am mowing my grandmas lawn, working out and going to the dentist. (Yay! Fun times!! *sarcasm*)