I’ve had this blog for five years. Five! That’s kind of impressive. Throughout that time I’ve taken hiatuses, blogging challenges, guest posts, serious posts and ridiculous posts. And I’ve had some followers stick with me from the beginning and new followers. There have been so many comments and love and I’ve jokingly said “you can read about it on my blog” in real life.
- I don’t want to keep a consistent schedule- Throughout the last five years I tried to keep a consistent schedule a couple times. They all failed because I have so many other hobbies and things to do that are more important. Don’t get me wrong, I love blogging but it’s more for fun than anything.
- I love looking at stats- Instagram stats, monthly or yearly stats. I love them all. I find it really fun to see what works and what doesn’t. What makes someone click on a post?
- I hate photos- I know, I know, “but you have multiple Instagram accounts.” Yes, but I hate taking header photos, I hate adding text to them etc. Just imagine how much better my blog would work if I stuck with a consistent type of header photo.
- I love messing around with themes- I’ve gone though a couple different themes and now I’m wishing I had taken screenshots to track them all. I love revamping my blog as there’s a fresh energy to it. I normally switch it up once a year but I still like mine so I don’t think I will for a while.
- Blogging doesn’t make money- I knew this before I started. I just wanted to reiterate it for people. Granted, maybe if I actually tried to grow my audience maybe I would get ad money and sponsorships.