A couple years ago Jenn created the Bookish Naughty or Nice tag and I’ve done it every year since. It only makes sense I do it early on so other people can join in! I have’t been tagged but I’m going to do it anyway. Also if you don’t follow her yet please do! She creates a lot of great content.
- Tag & link the person who tagged you
- Tag and link me/this post (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!)
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people!
If you’ve not been tagged, go ahead and do it anyway!
Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it ✔
Probably. I get ARCs at my part-time/ seasonal job and I’m pretty sure I didn’t review or even read some of them. However, the number is a lot less than it was last year.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
I somehow managed to get my rating up to 80% this year!!
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
I haven’t! I tend to write a couple sentences about the book on Goodreads (if that) and then if I write a review I might link it back but I’ve learned my lesson and stopped promising this.
4. Folded down the page of a book
I haven’t! I’ve increased my bookmark collection so I don’t really need to anymore. I’ve also gotten in the habit of putting sticky notes in the back of nonfiction books.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book
I don’t think I have this year? I know I’ve damaged books by having them in my bag but I don’t think any liquid damage has happened.
6. DNF a book this year ✔
I have. And I’m actually glad because it’s kind of freeing to not have to worry about finishing but also there have been books I feel bad DNF-ing (like if they were recommended to me)
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
I don’t do it with no intention but I have been pushed over the edge because of the looks. This is a habit I really need to kick.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
I don’t think so. I might have but not that I remember. I’ve been using reading as motivation to get coding and stuff done. This is also probably why I’ve been in a slump for 3+ months.
9. Skim read a book
I always lose track of what’s happening when I skim so I don’t do it. I end up going back and rereading.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal ✔
Yep. I was going for 100 this year but due to life stuff and the slump I’m only at 71.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
I haven’t! I’m actually really good at remembering due dates. Especially since I signed up for email reminders.
12. Broke a book buying ban✔
I don’t think I went on a book buying ban specifically but I massively failed my stack challenge to keep my amount down.
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about ✔
Probably. Or at least told myself I was going to write a book and then didn’t.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading✔
I do write in books for nonfiction. Especially if I know I’m going to keep the copy. For fiction novels I will use sticky notes because I don’t write as many and I don’t go back to them as much.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
I haven’t. I tend to add it a couple days late but I always add it.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend✔
Whoops. I still have one from two years ago…
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book ✔
Someone wanted to borrow my leather-bound copy of Monte Cristo and I was iffy and he realized that so he asked to borrow The Godfather instead. I tried to read it quickly but I still am finishing it. I hope to finish it this month so he can have it.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
I have not. Mainly because I rarely borrow them.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
I don’t think so. I did buy a book without fully inspecting it, got home and realized the cover was kind of beat up around the corners.
20. Sat on a book accidentally ✔
Probably. I tend to read with blankets and just put a pile on my chair or bed and sometimes the book is underneath.
Final Score: 9/20
Wow. My memory sure is going bad. A lot of the answers are like “maybe….?”
Tagging (Please do it even if I haven’t tagged you!):